Friday, May 25, 2012

I saw it on Pintrest - Food/Craft review

This week's "I saw it on Pintrest" features the "healthy alternative to McDonalds' McMuffins.

I was supper stoked to have these since we are always on the go and we love mcmuffins as well as the Jimmy Dean Delights we get in bulk from SAMS.  But, if I don't have to spend that kind of money, then I'm happy.  However, I ran into couple of snags with this recipe.  First, since I don't have time to make my turkey sausage, so I decided to buy.  The Tennessee Pride brand turkey sausage isn't a very good price, but I still come out way cheaper making these myself...but wish I had an alternative source for this sausage.  The eggs came out petty good.  I made half with yolks and some with egg beaters (take note of this later in my conclusion.) As the directions state, the sandwiches should be wrapped up and put in the freezer. We found out that especially the ones with egg yolks didn't thaw very well at all.  To get the middle egg portion to thaw and cook, we had to completely disassemble the sandwich.  This took all the "saving time" out of it.

So here are my conclusions on this review:

I will get the Thomas' regular english muffins vs/ the whole wheat next time.  The whole wheat just throws off the entire taste.  A regular english muffin is decent health-wise.  The egg idea is good...just make sure you just use scrambled or egg beaters.  Sargento thin-sliced cheddar is the way to go.  One slice is 45 calories.  I guess I'll keep on buying the Tennessee pride turkey sausage patties.  Maybe I'll try making patties from ground sausage that I get on sale sometimes.  I will keep you posted.  In all, we will probably not freeze the sandwiches.  I will make a dozen, wrap them and place them in the fridge.
(check out the fridge I want! perfect for my family!)

Have a great Memorial Day weekend folks!
-Beverly



No comments:

Post a Comment