Friday, May 18, 2012

My perfect day...


What do Nate Berkus, super sets and Justin Timberlake radio have in common?  They're all part of creating the mood of my perfect day.  You see, now that I've come out of my "baby fog", I'm getting back to my "old self."  I know I'm inching back to my "old" (but awesome:) self when I get Organized, energetic and pulled-together!  Each day has a focus...not soley to get through the day breastfeeding the baby!

My whole point for sharing these ideas with you is for you to think about what things would be included into your PERFECT DAY.  We all want to live out our purpose and part of our purpose is to make sure we are doing things that make our heart happy.  Post-baby, my heart was happy because of the baby obviously.  Then little by little I start to integrate aspects back into my life so I don't "loose myself" as so many mothers do unfortunately.

Here are some ideas on how to narrow down what you can imagine as your perfect day.  What are your favorite tv shows/magazines/websites that get your creative juices flowing?  Real Housewives is a favorite tv show for me, but doesn't get my creative/soul juices flowing.  It's strictly mind-veg at 9pm for me, so this would not be an accurate example.  What things do you enjoy in the physical activity department?  Do you like to run, work-out to certain music, yoga/stretching and "ehhchhem...mommy/daddy time"?  Lastly, what things do you need to do in your say, household that are essential to orderliness?  These are tasks that are important enough that if they don't get done, they cause problems that can bring down your day (and mood)?




Here is my "perfect day" to give you an example:

I would wake up early in the morning around 6am, read my blogs, emails and facebook. As I sipped my water and coffee, I would respond and/or make any thought provoking or interesting posts and responses.  Then, I would put some LAUNDRY on to wash/dry. I would go upstairs and do some circut/superset training while watching Nate Berkus on the tv (this would help eleviate some of the pain of the workout)  then off to do a jog while listening to Justin Timberlake on iHeartRadio/phone app.  I would then come in, make a delectable post-workout Vi shake and clean up the kitchen from breakfast and the night before.  If it were friday, I would get all my dry clothes and fold them while I watched hgtv (best shows are on fridays.)  At noon we'd have lunch then either make errands while out-and-about or if we stayed home, go lay out by the pool.  That night, I'd go on a date with my hubby to Longhorn Steakhouse.  Afterwards, we'd come home and releive the babysitter, read a story/kiss the kids goodnight, play with the baby, put him down for bed and then snuggle and watch a movie.

All of these things are aspects of my life that are what make my heart sing and keep me on a positive wavelength.  Are they EVERYTHING that does that? Of course not, but it's just a snapshot.  Will I every have a perfect day?  No.  However, we can at least shoot for it. God has blessed us with only one  life.  Figure out what and how you want to LIVE that life then your mind can figure out how to make it happen. I'm not hyping you up to imagine things like going to fiji for the day, or shopping while spending millions of dollars because for most of you, your mind will not go there.  So I focused on real events that happen in our lives that are attainable in the here and now.  Who knows, if you can get yourself to that "old" but good, self and your soul's "happy place" you are unstoppable.  You could very well move to that next place where you are motivated to work towards those big dreams.


Happy Friday ya'll!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment